Monday, May 5, 2008

A Note

Hi, welcome to my blog! If you're here for the first time, please read the two entries titled "Intro" for general information about this blog and a description of my study abroad program in Japan (KCJS).

One last, important note I'd like to make: this blog is my service project for the Freeman-ASIA scholarship. Freeman-ASIA is a program that provides scholarship funding to students studying abroad in East and Southeast Asia. As part of the program's goal of increasing interest and participation in study abroad, award recipients are expected to complete a service project sharing their experiences with their campus/community. If you are considering a program in Asia, I highly recommend looking into this scholarship. Although costs will vary, the financial assistance is a huge help, especially because studying abroad can be quite costly, once you factor in both basic necessities such as plane tickets and things like additional travel and amusement. I've also found that completing the service project has been valuable in itself, because the process of writing entries has helped me remember, analyze, and articulate my experiences with great thought and consideration. I am sure that your service projects will be equally enjoyable and rewarding for you and your community as well.

Happy Travels!

No comments: