Thursday, October 11, 2007

procrastination yay

I have my *first* (English) paper due on Monday, and I can't bring myself to write it. I dragged myself to the Kyodai Kaikan (basically, the building that acts as the KCJS center) early just to get started on this paper, and I still haven't even picked a topic. Some things never change.

One thing about living in Japan - it's crazy how much money I spend here. I just bought tickets to a Daft Punk concert in December and to Tokyo Disneyland for Halloween. I'm super excited, and both are really rare opportunities that I'm sure I won't regret, but that's still a lot of money. Besides that, I spend a lot on little things that add up, without thinking about it. Things like train/bus fare, vending machine drinks ($1 for a tiny can of coffee?!), entrance fees, etc. tend to really build up. I don't have a job here either, and I can't work legally, unless it involves teaching English. Also: shopping here is *amazing.* There's sooooo much stuff I want to buy! Some of the stuff is very reasonably priced too. But again, when you buy lots of small, cheap stuff, it still ends up costing quite a lot...

No comments: